A Few Changes…

October 15th, 2012

Hello! It’s our guess that you have been busy sewing, quilting, crafting, making stuff, amongst many of the other things that take up a day (work? housework? homework?) :) Well, we are right there with you!

We have so much enjoyed the time that we have spent creating what has been “The DIY Dish”. It has been a real joy and a privilege. We are so grateful to everyone who has made it such a pleasure to create these online videos. Your emails, facebook messages, comments, etc. have always made our day — and made us so happy to be a part of this creative industry. Our experiences have created opportunities that we would have never dreamed of. And of course, the chance we have to work together as twin sisters — well, that has always been the icing on the cake.

So while we are not saying “good-bye” entirely, we did want you to know that what you know now as “The DIY Dish” will be changing. As you know, Kris has created My Girlfriend’s Quilt Shop which also brings great joy and satisfaction. It has been opened just over a year and she has so many fun ideas for its customers and future of the shop — both as a “local shop” as well as future plans for the online expansion of it.  Kim still plays a major role in YouCanMakeThis.com, and is expanding her line of Kimberbell Patterns in quilt shops across the country.

And together, we will still continue to create tutorials — but in a different avenue. We are working more with KSL’s Studio 5 and will always keep you posted on new tutorials we have done with them. We also have a new book to be released in stores this December. And will you be at the International Quilt Market? We will be there, too! Exciting things are happening and we feel fortunate to still be able to do a little bit of everything that we love.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you for your support of The DIY Dish. We hope you’ll still be a part of this creative journey. We love hearing from you and seeing what you are making, too! So let’s keep in touch via our Facebook pages!

Find Kris at My Girlfriend’s Quilt Shoppe on Facebook.
Find Kim at Kimberbell Designs on Facebook.
Find us both still at The DIY Dish on Facebook.

In the meantime, here’s a “Ghoul-Friend” Gift project segment we did this last week on Studio 5! Four quick Halloween gifts you can make for all of your girlfriends ghoul-friends :)
And in case you wanted to add a cute lil’ gift tag to them, we’ve created these in a few different sizes for you!

You can download the gift tags here.

And be sure to watch the video — it isn’t very long and is packed with 4 projects you can make today!!

• October 15, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Congratulations to you both for continuing on in the journey of doing what you love! I have enjoyed very much seeing both of your businesses evolve and will continue to follow you :)

October 15, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Yes I guess by now I am that Stalker Fan…and LOVE all the new things you all are doing….YMCT of course that is where I found you all…..Huge FAN from the beginning…and HUGE fan forever!!

Yay…Kimberbell is GREAT!! LOVE my lil mini Kimmy’s!! *Big Sigh* on the fact I won’t get my Monday DiyDish Fix every week…but Change is good…I will get use to it!! You are kinda stuck with this girl!!

• October 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Wow! Congratulations you guys! So exciting for you! Can’t wait to see your book!

• Kathy
    October 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Well this makes me sad :( Do I have to be on Facebook to find out about any more of your future video tutorials? I do look forward to your tutorials but I don’t have a Facebook account and personally don’t want one. It seems like more and more opportunities are able to be had only via Facebook these days and this is quite disappointing to me.

• October 15, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Hi Kathy! It’s ok if you don’t have facebook. You can also view updates at http://www.MyGirlfriendsQuiltShoppe.com. We appreciate you wanting to view future tutorials!

• October 15, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Loved it!! so glad you girls are back, I have missed you.

• Ruby
    October 16, 2012 at 12:09 am

Luv you girls! I’m so happy for you both and excited to see your new tutorials and get that new book! I will be following you on Facebook and good luck with all you new business adventures!

• Shirley
    October 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I so enjoyed your site and all the tutorials that you’ve given. I especially enjoyed the little form mannequin that you showed and gave the pattern. I’ve made lots! I love each & everyone of them.
    I don’t have facebook account and don’t intend to get one. I look forward to more of your tutorials and little gifts. They are so appreciated. Thanks again. slimfeather

• Karen
    October 20, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I loved the DIY Dish shows. I will miss them but glad you are still going to be doing similar stuff. Keep up the good work.

• Connie
    October 23, 2012 at 3:13 am

Ladies,
    Have enjoyed your “shows” and your tutorials. Made the layer cake pincushions and they
    were a hit with my friends.
    Your quilt shop is amazing. Too bad it is in Utah and I am in California.
    Hope to see you both keeping your creative avenues open and sending us all the news and project information.
    Good luck to you both; you both are so lovely and talented.
    Take care

• December 24, 2012 at 4:02 am

Feliz Natal!
    Muitas bênção para você e sua famila neste tão especial.
    Beijos,Zani.

• February 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I do not see where i can enter your contest for a free craft visit! I sooooo want to learn how to do what you do! Please tell me where i can enter! I am trying to learn how to crochet, knit, and I am buying me a sewing machine soon, (i do any sewing by hand right now). I just love how you create things. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and fun.