Keepsake Project Ideas with The DIY Dish, Stacy Julian, & Cathe Holden

November 21st, 2011

What will we be making with such things as photographs, a tin box, an old canvas, and slides? They are 2 simple projects that make a perfect keepsake! It’s that time of year to get together with family and friends! So why not make the projects together? We are filming live from The Creative Connection and Stacy Julian and Cathe Holden are our guests!

What kinds of sentimental projects do you enjoy making?

Have a wonderful week!
Kim & Kris

• Jacque
    November 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm

LOVED this! I’m certain I’m going to make something with the 8 x 10 canvas idea.

• Alice
    November 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

You girls always make everything seem like so much fun that I get inspired to make something. Thanks for all your hard work to bring us a new episode of The DIY dish. I look forward to each and every one and miss you when you are on break.

• November 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm

cool idea!

November 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Great Interviews!! Man…have to Admit…Totally Jealous on where all you two Travel and the events!!

• November 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm

another wonderful show! Thanks so much, Andra

• November 21, 2011 at 6:02 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE spending time with you two at events!! Thank you so much for including me in your awesome episode!

• November 21, 2011 at 6:33 pm

[...] – plus, it’s so simple and inexpensive to put together! This is from an episode on The DIY Dish - one of my favorite crafty sites. {Can’t see the video? Click here to watch it on [...]

• November 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I love Cathe Holden!! She is such a wonderful person & creative woman!

• November 21, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I love these ideas! I’m already writing to my sister-in-law telling her not to throw away the old slides! Thank you!

• November 21, 2011 at 11:42 pm

another fun idea, I think the grand girls (sisters 16,13,10) would love this. We need something to keep them busy on Christmas Eve before the big Santa arrives.. lol

• November 22, 2011 at 1:11 am

So sad I missed TCC this year and so close to my home! I love the canvas idea that Cathe came up with – she continually amazes me. I’m going to do that for my Mom this Christmas – she will love it! And, what a darling little book Stacy put together for her daughter – so sweet. Feeling very inspired – thanks, Kris & Kim! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours! ~ Mela

• November 22, 2011 at 7:48 am

Two great projects to keep in mind… Thanks for sharing these moments… I think I am going to try the reverse canvas project…. Looks fun…

Ginger

• Charlene
    November 22, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Both guests were great. Happy Thanksgiving.

• sylvia
    November 23, 2011 at 2:47 am

Awesummmmmm!

• Lourna
    November 23, 2011 at 9:57 pm

great and cool project…thanks for sharing

• November 24, 2011 at 7:03 am

[...] I love finding friends among the pages of WWC like Kaari Meng of The French General and my favorite creative sister team, Kim and Kris of The DIY Dish! [...]

• Chloe
    January 26, 2012 at 2:24 am

Hi Kris and Kim I love watching your videos!
    They are so fun and bring such happiness to my day I’m only 12 years old and I love doing your crafts, you two make such fun and lovely videos. Me and my mum are craft junkies we love decorating, creating and designing as much as we can. I love that your crafts are so simple but so affective and affordable, you two are such an inspiration to me thank you from Chloe:)

• February 9, 2014 at 2:02 am

Is there a possibility of getting a printed copy of the pattern for this Quilt. Because I am confined to a wheelchair, it would be much easier to have it close to me.

Beverley St. Clair

This is my email address!

• February 9, 2014 at 2:04 am