Welcome Viewers from The Rachael Ray Show!

April 26th, 2011

We want to welcome new viewers who found us through The Rachael Ray Show! We were beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to “craft” with Rachael. We have to admit that when we first got asked to be on the show, we thought…”Do they know that ‘The DIY Dish‘ is NOT a cooking show?!” ;)  Of course, they weren’t looking for a cooking segment…rather they wanted us to come and  ”CRAFT” with Rachael. And who would say no to that?! We’ve watched Rachael for years, so this was such an exciting trip for us, to say the least.

It was also a quick trip. We flew out one day. Filmed the next day. Flew home at midnight that night. Just another day at the office, right? Ha! Although it was a fast one, it was one we will never forget.  Our excitement grew as the day to tape got closer…and imagine how hard it was to keep this a “secret” for the last month!

We hope you enjoyed the segment. If you have any questions on anything shown in the segment, let us know and we’ll try our best to answer. We’d love to hear from you!

We want to thank the entire team at The Rachael Ray Show — it is an amazing collaboration of talent and time that comes together to produce a show like hers. Rachael is also just the kind of person you think she would be – “down to earth”, funny, friendly, the girl you could talk to for hours, and of course, talented.  Now if we could just cook like her. ;)

**If you are new here, feel free to browse around and find past episodes of our show below, as well as projects on our blog. You can also sign up for our free newsletter so you’ll know when new episodes of our craft and sewing show are posted. The sign-up box is found at the top (blue) tab of our homepage.  Thank you!

Here are more photos from the day!

Here are more up-close photos from the table settings!

We glued small squares of white tissue to the branches to look like small blossoms.

The burlap “vase” below was made from an empty orange juice container.

We took store-bought plastic easter eggs (yes, the bright purple and pink ones you can find!) and covered them with fabric and Mod Podge. Other eggs were covered with small pieces of masking tape and then painted for a “crackled” look.

Can you tell what Kris made these napkin rings out of??? Yes, you got it right — hair rollers! :)

• April 26, 2011 at 7:52 am

WOW! (Yes, I do stalk your blog even though I don’t craft…LOL) How awesome! I am so excited you gals got to do that. I can think of no better guests to watch on that show. Can’t wait to catch up at Quilt Market. You will let me tag along even though I haven’t dusted off my sewing machine in about 3 years, right?

• April 26, 2011 at 8:54 am

How wonderfully exciting!! I just spread the News on Hootsuite!!
    Nancy

• smilingwoman
    April 26, 2011 at 9:15 am

Can’t wait to watch Rachel’s show today! Thanks for the ALERT!

• April 26, 2011 at 9:23 am

Wo I am going to have to figure out when Rachel comes on here on Guam! Since i moved here I have not kept up some of my favorite shows, like the Rachel Ray show!!! LOL!!

• April 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

so excited for you gals!!! you’ve been working your butts off. totally deserved!!!

• April 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Kim, Kris and Rachel…what a combo, I think you all could be triplets!
    Congratulations on all your success and I will definitely be watching :)

• Janet Cates
    April 26, 2011 at 12:59 pm

What an awesome trio the 3 of you will make! Can’t wait to see the show!

• April 26, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Wow, congratulations! That’s fantastic!

• Ricki Duke
    April 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm

This is going to be great. I think the 3 of you will blend great together.

• April 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm

YAY!!! :)

• Carol Anderson
    April 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Congrats, I have my recorder on so as not to miss a minute.

• Noelle
    April 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm

what was the water/glue ratio on the Rachel Ray show today? Was it just elmers?
    THANKS!! I cant wait to do this project!

• April 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Ladies,
    That is fantastic, luv it…
    Have a great time.
    Maggie

• April 26, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I’m watching now… waiting to see you girls. Congrats!!

• Juliann
    April 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm

OMG I just seen your segment on RR’s show, LOVED it! I especially loved the two DIY yarn light and rose wiffle balls! Had to become a fan of your blog! Thanks for sharing.

• April 26, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am going to watch it here in less than one hour! Can’t wait to see you. I also saw you on Studio 5 here in Utah yesterday sharing your cute tote bags! You guys are rocking it!

• Sarah
    April 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Just saw your segment on the Rachel Ray show and I would love to know what I have to do exactly to make those yarn ball lanterns?? I have always wanted to decorate our patio with something like that but buying lanterns is too expensive.. So please please post what I need exactly to make those awesome yarn lanterns!!?? You guys rock!!

• Courtney B.
    April 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Awesome show!!! You guys did a great job! You were so classy, and as always full of so many wonderful tips!

• April 26, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I just watched the show and thought ” They MUST have a blog” oh wait I have BEEN to their blog, DUH. Love your stuff. Great job on the show!

• Katie Owen
    April 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

what kind of glue was used for the hanging tea lights on the rachael ray show? im using that idea for my friends outside evening wedding this saturday! thanks ladies!!

• Elizabeth
    April 26, 2011 at 4:35 pm

What do I need to do the tea light balloon things you all did on rachal ray show I am getting married in a few months and they would make a great item for it.. please let me know

• Rachel Schumann Bennett
    April 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Is there anything you guys DON’T do! Kim, it’s so great to see you…do you remember this crazy Level 2 student of yours! Sounds like things are going great for you. Soo happy for you!

• April 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Just saw your segment on Rachael Ray. You were both darling. And so composed. That was A LOT to pack into such a short time, and you did a great job. Your projects were fun, hip, and appealing. Good job!

• Missy K.
    April 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

wow. how awesome is that. How did you manage to keep it a secret?

• Debbie
    April 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Great show!!!

• laura rice
    April 26, 2011 at 8:04 pm

where do I find the instructions for the projects you provided on the Rachel Ray show? I searched your website but have been unsuccessful. thanks

April 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Fantastic as always!!!…just got through watching!

• Amy Heasley
    April 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm

You guys did an amazing job on the Rachel Ray show!! You also both looked fabulous!!!

• christen
    April 26, 2011 at 11:37 pm

what do you use to make the pink egg shape thing then you pop the balloon?

• Kathy
    April 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

I loved the yarn ball lanterns and the flower ball. Where can we find out how to make them?

• carrie
    April 27, 2011 at 1:30 am

Also looking to make the yarn balls and was wondering what the glue/water ratio should be.
    You guys are awesome!

Thanks

• carrie
    April 27, 2011 at 1:31 am

oh and what type of glue! :)

• April 27, 2011 at 1:35 am

GREAT job on RR!! So glad I didn’t miss it! I am also wondering about the glue used on the yarn balls. I’d love to make planet decorations for my twins’ birthday early in May.

thanks,
    carol

• deb sharon
    April 27, 2011 at 3:13 am

trying to find out how to do the place mats done on the rachel ray show on april 26,2011

• admin
    April 27, 2011 at 5:03 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words! What a fun day it has been!

To answer your questions –

1. We used Elmer’s White Glue. We used 2 parts glue to 1 part water. The key to this being successful is that you must wait until it is fully and completely dry — this may take at least 24 hours — perhaps more. Dip the yarn fully in the glue mixture until saturated, wipe off excess glue (just with your fingers is fine) and wrap all different ways around the balloon.

2. Laura – You asked about written instructions on the projects. We do not have those as we show everything through video, but since time was limited on Rachael Ray, we think it would be fun to go into great detail on some of these projects in some upcoming episodes of The DIY Dish. We’ll try our best to do that in the coming weeks.

3. Deb – We created a stencil with a bird drawing that we did by tracing the pattern onto the paper side of freezer paper. Simply cut the pattern out and then carefully iron the paper (shiny side down) onto your burlap (this takes just a few seconds.) Then dab paint onto it with a dry sponge brush, wait for it to fully dry, and remove the paper. It’s a very fun project with a ton of possibilities! :)

• admin
    April 27, 2011 at 5:05 am

And HELLO to Rachel Schumann Bennett! Of course I remember you! You were one in a million and I was so happy to have you in my classroom. I knew you would make a wonderful teacher one day and I have no doubt that you did. I hope life is going well for you!!

Kim :)

• April 27, 2011 at 7:24 am

When I turned my TV on this moring, there you both were, on my TV Set! Of course I recognized both of you right away from the DIY DISH craft website. Great crafting presentation. Should say yesterday morning because its way after midnight here…LOL.

• Rachel Bennett
    April 27, 2011 at 8:32 am

Kim–I taught for 2 1/2 years in Smithfield, then got married and moved to Phoenix. I taught here for 3 1/2 years before deciding to stay home with the kiddos. But of course, I couldn’t get away from teaching completely because I’m about ready to finish my 4th year of teaching preschool out of my home. :) Thanks to such great mentors like yourself, I love teaching! Can’t wait to see all the fun things you fun girls have come up with! You both are truly amazing!

• Ann
    April 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Where can I find the video of the Rachel Ray show on the yard balls. I looked on her site, but the video cut off before that part of the segment was shown. Thanks!

• Carol Needham
    April 28, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I would love to know how to make the craft featured on The Rachel Ray Show,Tues. Can you e-mail me the materials used and how they were made especially the flowers using newspapers. Thanks

• Pamela
    April 29, 2011 at 7:06 am

THESE ARE ALL GREAT IDEAS!!! WAY TO GO GIRLS & DO PLEASE KEEP IT UP!

• May 2, 2011 at 10:17 am

[...] anything that’s your passion, this article will be super helpful. {If you’re like the DIY Dish gals then you might end up on Rachel Ray. They just [...]

• Sherrie
    May 2, 2011 at 5:22 pm

It’s like you you two were born to be on TV with celebs! I wish they had made your segment longer. I wanted to see more and more!!!

• Lyndy
    May 2, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I was SO excited to see you two on Rachael Ray! You were wonderful and I love the decorating ideas you shared. Congrats on being a bit hit– you two are amazing– and as cute as ever!!!

• T Mmiller
    May 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I love the burlap placemats! I do similar
    for pillows. Can I ask where the adorable
    Bird drawing came from. I’m now obsessed
    With finding it. Please help me.
    Thanks!!

• July 12, 2011 at 5:48 pm

[...] on the Rachel Ray Show! The sisters showed off some fun and pretty craft projects (you can see them all here) with the theme of “multiples.” You can watch the entire segment online on Rachel [...]

• August 13, 2011 at 7:19 am

Loved your segment today! will have to stalk your blog from now on!

• October 22, 2011 at 1:19 am

hi Rachael some time ago I sent a needlefelted rachael your way?Did you ever get it?

• Angela
    November 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Where can I find instructions to make those hanging flower balls? (Rachael Ray episode)

• December 1, 2011 at 1:26 pm

[...] thediydish.com via Heidi on [...]

• February 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm

[...] started, here’s the link for the pinterest source. Sadly, this was not my genius idea. Gah. http://www.thediydish.com/2011/04/welcome-viewers-from-the-rachael-ray-show/ And yes, if you click on the link you will see that this craft was featured on the Rachel Ray [...]

• misskitty_79
    March 10, 2012 at 8:17 am

Do you ladies ever intend to show how these projects were done? I’m especially interested in the wiffle ball silk flower ball…

• September 24, 2012 at 11:37 am

[...] flower balls. Make sure to insert a ribbon string while you can still easily get it through there! via Like this:LikeBe the first to like this. [...]

• March 8, 2013 at 6:45 am

Greetings from Florida! I’m bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m
    not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, excellent
    blog!

• May 2, 2013 at 7:04 pm

A fascinating discussion is worth comment.
    I believe that you need to write more on this subject
    matter, it may not be a taboo matter but usually people don’t discuss such topics. To the next! Many thanks!!

• May 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm

(Game scheduled for December 15th with Utah State playing Toledo).
    The player who spins the coin is referred to as the spinner.
    The nature of Reddit’s platform makes it possible — through great and creative effort, it appears — to give users a gift of the unexpected, rather than deriving humor from humiliation.

• May 17, 2013 at 8:10 am

Let’s have a look at few of the things which will help you. It includes the feature of red eye reduction and the various white balancing features include Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent H, Fluorescent L, Tungsten and Custom. Some cameras are simple point and shoot while others have many different modes for taking pictures.

• May 17, 2013 at 3:18 pm

[...] Source [...]

• May 27, 2013 at 3:04 am

No longer does a music lover need to bother about traveling out of range when a fantastic song comes on
    over the vehicle radio. Next, build a list of prospects and develop a relationship with those prospects
    on your list. Perfect for long trips and for up to date information on road conditions ahead.

• June 3, 2013 at 4:48 pm

What a great way to make hanging flowers! The end product looks amazing and it seems so easy to make.

• June 11, 2013 at 12:45 am

Though the levels look really simple, they are actually quite
    challenging. Caution: when a hole is made in a can,
    there may be metallic edges that can cut one’s mouth. It sounds like you log into the game and join a “Shadow war” server and play with hundreds of other players within that PVP world, but that world is different from the cooperative Arkfall boss hunting world.

• June 19, 2013 at 9:23 am

Enjoying the service of Odyssey – Streaming – Radio is so
    easy. Much of your best players marketplaces in the united states are supervised.
    Whats more is that 2G phones can come in a tinier and slimmer package,
    even its batteries.

• June 21, 2013 at 4:37 pm

[...] Decorating a wedding and/or reception venue is a lot of work.  You typically have a large space to transform on a budget.  That’s where ideas you can make inexpensively and in bulk come in handy, like this flower ball made from a whiffle ball from The DIY Dish. [...]

• June 21, 2013 at 5:00 pm

• July 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm

If you find it a bit maddening to follow the daily fluctuations of the scale even though
    you are eating properly, pick three days of the week on which you will always weigh yourself
    (for example, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).
    In fact, I always suggest to those overweight vegetarians
    to keep to a max of 4 pounds a week so you won’t suffer loose skin post weight loss. Many people don’t have the time to weight themselves every day, but checking the scale on
    a regular basis can definitely help when you’re working to lose weight and keep it off.

• August 1, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Even though your goal is just to lose 5 pounds in a week, you should
    be strict with what you do so as not to inadvertently undo all your hard work for vegetarian weight loss.
    Withdrawal from levothyroxine can be done but it takes 6 weeks of withdrawal for the remaining thyroid tissue to be completely starved.

Hence, broccoli is a must-add ingredient in your vegetarian weight loss diet.

• August 5, 2013 at 4:58 am

Even though your goal is just to lose 5 pounds in a week, you should be strict
    with what you do so as not to inadvertently undo all your
    hard work for vegetarian weight loss. Vinson had
    participants keep their normal diet and exercise routines (or lack thereof) and merely added
    the green coffee. Do not be tempted to lose weight as
    quickly as you can, because a crash diet will have you eating less than a thousand calories
    a day slowing down your metabolism.

• December 25, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Excellent items from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely wonderful.
    I actually like what you’ve obtained here, certainly like what
    you are stating and the way in which through which you say it.

You’re making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it smart.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is
    actually a wonderful website.

Here is my page :: online games com arcade

• January 11, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically
    tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking
    for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe
    you would have some experience with something like this. Please let
    me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your
    blog and I look forward to your new updates.

• February 4, 2014 at 5:32 am

It is the best time to make a few plans for the future and it’s
    time to be happy. I’ve learn this put up and if I may I
    desire to recommend you few interesting issues or suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write next articles relating to this article.

I want to read even more issues about it!

• February 4, 2014 at 11:19 am

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog
    that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something which too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy that I stumbled across this in
    my search for something concerning this.

• March 9, 2014 at 5:36 am

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s tough to get that
    “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance.
    I must say that you’ve done a superb job with this. In addition, the blog loads very fast
    for me on Chrome. Superb Blog!

• March 16, 2014 at 5:43 am

This design is wicked! You most certainly know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos,
    I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
    how you presented it. Too cool!

• March 22, 2014 at 3:07 am

Greetings from California! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your site
    on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you present here and can’t
    wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my
    cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
    Anyhow, amazing site!

• April 15, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Verү good post. I’m experiencing many оf these issues as well..

Also visit my webpɑge … hcg weight loss new orleans

• April 19, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I know ths site presents quality dependent articles
    and additional stuff, is there anyy other web site which
    offers these kinds of data in quality?

Alsoo visit my weblog – افضل شركة رش مبيدات