Make Summer Porch & Patio Pillows and More

April 19th, 2011

Welcome to a new episode of The DIY Dish! Do you love spending time outside? This week we are making decor for your porch or patio! Take a look!

Here are some more photos of this week’s pillow project!

A big thank you to Janome for making this week’s episode possible! You will LOVE the new Janome Horizon machine that we used in this episode. It’s great for sewing, quilting…well, just about anything! You won’t believe the number of features it has. Find out more here.

And don’t you just love that fabric? It is so bright and cheerful — just what we’re looking for when we think “summer!”  If you are looking to have a pre-cut kit to make the tablerunner or pillows (all fabrics included!) then you may be interested in checking out Jacki’s etsy shop: Cut in Seconds. SHE will do the cutting…giving you the time to create something very simple and quick to put together! Find more information on her kits, click here.

That darling fabric was designed by our friend and fabric designer, Amanda Herring. It is called “Sugar and Spice” and couldn’t be sweeter. ;) You’ll fall in love with her fabric…and Amanda!

Thank you for spending some time with us this week! We can’t wait to see what you make!

Click here to download the accompanying PDF.

• melissa
    April 19, 2011 at 3:13 am

hey ladies,love ur show!yalls outfits are always so pretty.where do yall shop?thanx for all the videos!

• April 19, 2011 at 4:11 am

omg this is so pretty way too pretty for the porch… this will make a great favor gift as well for a party.
    Ladies I’m just so inspired by the wonderful creations.
    Maggie

• Carol
    April 19, 2011 at 4:42 am

I can’t wait to make this for our patio-even tho it is snowing!!! Thanks for the pattern and video!!

April 19, 2011 at 5:12 am

Wow!!!…Love those Fabrics….I need fabric designer friends like you two!!… So in Love with those box pillows!!!

• April 19, 2011 at 5:45 am

Very beautiful & interesting.I will try to do for my home.Thank you for sharing knowledge & thank for the video.

• Lou
    April 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

such a great project and definately going to make these for a spring project for my daughter’s home! thanks so much!!

• Donna J
    April 19, 2011 at 11:03 am

That Janome is an amazing machine!!!! Every quilter should have one. I have started saving for it. I hope by my birthday in Nov. to have one of my own. I understand they have a new binding foot that is to die for.
    P.S. I noticed that you didn’t use the thread cutter.

• April 19, 2011 at 11:27 am

Oh how I love this project! The circles, the squares, the quilting, the ric-rac…..ALL OF IT! But especially because it’s also in my absolute favorite color combination!! Gotta have this kit!

• Karen
    April 19, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I visited my local Janome dealer recently and saw the Janome Horizon. I WANT IT! Can’t have it now but maybe by my 30th anniversary next year. You can sign up for a Yahoo group on various Janome Machines. I signed up for the 7700 so I can read everyones advice and tips on using this awesome machine. I will be ready when I get mine. :-)

• April 19, 2011 at 1:09 pm

This is adorable, and a fun easy project for the beginner. Or some one like me, who likes to get things done yesterday. The possiblities are endless.

• Selena
    April 19, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Thank you both for inspiring me every week to be creative. I love this project as well as all the others! You both are always so happy and chipper you make me smile while I watch the videos! Can’t wait to start!
    Thanks Again :)

• Marietta
    April 19, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hi twins. I especially like the giant rick rack looking trim on the table runner.
    Thank you for another fine show. Florida USA

• April 19, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I am loving the pillow with the button! That really finishes off the look for me. I’m thinking it’s about time I made a pillow.

• Jaye
    April 19, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Adorable! Thank you ladies!

• Nancy
    April 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Love the projects and the fabrics! How about matching chair cushions?

• sherry
    April 19, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Just in time! I have fabric for pillows for my new screened in porch finished last fall and this is just the inspiration I needed for designs for the pillows!

• Kathy Kauth
    April 19, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Another great idea girls, very inspiring, and yes I love Janome too, I have the Janome 300E embroidery machine and just love it.

• kathy
    April 20, 2011 at 1:12 am

where do you get the wide ric rac?

• kathy
    April 20, 2011 at 1:27 am

use that little scissor button on the machine! it’s the best time saver…promise. You will be spoiled that all machines don’t have it.

• aspen
    April 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Love the pillows!!!!!! So cute. You guys or gals are Pros:)

• Leesa
    April 21, 2011 at 1:12 am

another really cute project, with a lot of possibilities to personalize. Really nice show.

• Tiana
    April 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Love these pillows. Made a few myself and am giving them as gifts for my sister-in-law whose bday is next week. Hope she loves them as much as I do!! Thanks for always having the cutest stuff!

• April 22, 2011 at 4:53 am

So cute! I need to find some fun fabric to try out something like this.

• Enis
    April 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I love your choices of fabrics on all of your projects — and this porch pillow / table runner set is no exception. And thank you again for bringing us a fun and easy project. That is what I’m all about. I may just need to jazz up my patio set for the summer because of your inspiration.

• April 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Perfect colours for a patio…and such beautiful work

• Barbara
    May 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I really enjoy your Blog with all its fantastic crafty ideas and your happy uplifting attitudes. I have passed your web site onto my crafty and even not so crafty friends.

• May 17, 2011 at 10:48 pm

These are just lovely ladies! Happy blog birthday!

• Diane
    July 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

What a gorgeous project – I love the materials. I so want to buy a kit but my dining room has plum coloured blinds- if they weren’t brand new, I’d be so tempted to change them. Very informative video and I’m so excited that you’ll be appearing on the new Craft Channel – good luck with all of that.

• vessa
    December 24, 2013 at 7:32 pm

What a gorgeous project I would lovey fabric colors:)