It’s a Studio 5 Day! Make a Spring Felt Purse!

April 25th, 2011

We are on our way to NBC/KSL’s Studio5 program! Today we will show you how to make a Spring Felt Purse that was designed by our friend and co-worker, Shelli Christiansen! You can find the free pattern at www.YouCanMakeThis.com . Click the video below to watch the quick how-to video on making the purse, as well as a simple felt flower.  The pattern is available to download at YCMT.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Don’t forget — tomorrow is the day to watch The Rachael Ray Show! We’ll be crafting with Rachael! WOW!

April 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Too Cute…and Excited about the Rachel Ray show……I know it will be FANTASTIC….!!!

April 26, 2011 at 1:34 am

Ok girls…Now I was able to go to Studio 5 and watch it..Yay…it is UP!! Question…LOVE how easy peasy that loopy felt flow is….but the one pictured…had a two tone look….pink and white…so how was that achieved?….I am dying to know!! Love the different colored look!!

• April 26, 2011 at 2:41 am

Hi Connie! The two toned felt makes a fun flower, doesn’t it? We simply purchased a patterned felt piece found at Hobby Lobby. Hope that helps!

April 26, 2011 at 3:29 am

YES that totally helps..Thanks Kris!! I will have to check out the two toned felt!!! Cool…

• Jen
    April 26, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I love this tote. I am going to enlarge a little, construct with a boyish felt color and embellishments and give to my nine-year-old son to haul towel, sunscreen and snack to our apartment pool. That just the first one… Thanks so much!

• April 28, 2011 at 12:35 am

[...] The bag is made out of remnants of a blind fabric, we glued paper flowers onto it. Details are here [...]

• April 28, 2011 at 1:05 am

Congratulations on the Rachel Ray show Kim & Kris

I love all your projects and I have been making some with my daughter, great way to keep her busy in the Easter holidays. Thank you.

Here are some pictures of what we made : http://jotandscribble.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/bags-and-birds/