Where Women Create Magazine Features The DIY Dish!

February 10th, 2011

We were so honored this month to be featured in the Where Women Create magazine. It was such a thrill to share this issue with some of our favorite people out there such as Gail and Shea from A Gilded Life, Karen Walrond of Chookooloonks and Lisa Leonard of Lisa Leonard Designs.

You can pick up a copy of this beautiful magazine at your local bookstore, as well as Costco! We enjoy reading each quarterly issue as it is a great way to unwind and be inspired sifting through the pages and reading the stories behind the pictures. We hope you feel the same way.

With the help from our friends at Opal Never Shouts, we were able to design a space that was not only lovely, but one that served many different functions as well. The paint colors needed to be chosen with the utmost care as it was an important element when filming. We also needed to use our spaces in a very efficient matter for designing, sewing, online work, as well as children! :)

In the article, we were able to share a little more about our own personal story on how we got started and share some ideas and tips we have for others which we’ve learned along the way.

Thanks to the amazing Brooke Snow, who through a lense, was able to capture such artistic expressions of what we had so thoughtfully placed around our creative space. She is so gifted in what she does and is truly a genuine, sincere, and beautiful person as well.

Tags: , , ,

February 10, 2011 at 8:46 pm

This is soo EXCITING!! I will no doubt go get this issue!! Can’t wait to see it all in print!! So well deserved ladies!!

• Lindsey
    February 11, 2011 at 1:49 am

I am glad you mentioned where to get one. I can’t wait to see it.

• February 11, 2011 at 6:17 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Paige Hill and Jo Packham , TheDIYDish. TheDIYDish said: So excited! Where Women Create Magazine Features The DIY Dish! http://bit.ly/eiOprb @wherewomencreat [...]

• February 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Hi! First, I’ve never ever seen this magazine before. I happened to come across a tweet. I just wanted to say that this magazine looks fabulous! There looks like so many wonderful things in this magazine! I am definitely going now to look into getting this magazine! I’ve also retweeted it! Thanks so much for sharing ;)

Have a wonderful day,
    Emily

• sandy
    February 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm

This is really great! Congrats! And I have to say way to go Brooke Snow! She does AMAZING work doesn’t she!

• February 11, 2011 at 10:45 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I’M SURE WITH ALL YOUR FANTASTIC IDEAS AND IDEAS THAT ARE ALWAYS BEING SENT TO YOU THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU A SPOT IN THE MAGAZINE MONTHLY….

WILL BE GOING THIS WEEKEND TO PURCHASE MAGAZINE.

KIM SANTRE

• February 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Congratulations! And thank you so much for your kind words and for this exciting opportunity to work with the two of you! I just think you both are the most glorious pair and I hope we are able to get together again :)

• February 17, 2011 at 12:34 am

Way to go ladies!!! I love that magazine, it is so inspiring!!

• Danelle
    February 24, 2011 at 12:30 am

Just wondering if you could post the paint colors from both the work space and the silvery/sage room i love them