3 Craft Products That Caught Our Attention at CHA – The Craft and Hobby Association Winter Tradeshow

February 3rd, 2011

With literally hundreds of new and innovative products showcased at the Craft and Hobby Association Tradeshow, selecting three to begin our coverage from CHA was not an easy task. However, we wanted to share with you a few thoughts we have on each of these products and the reasons why we were so thrilled to find them!

1. Lesley Riley’s TAP Transfer Artist Paper

Why We’re in Love With This…

1. Mixed media is hot right now. And Lesley Riley is one of the best in the industry. We immediately trust what it says it will do.

2. This transfer paper will take any ink-jet image and literally transfer over to just about any medium- fabric, canvas, glass, ribbon, tissue (yes, tissue!), metal and more. Oh, just think of the possibilities!

3. It’s easy. And best of all- no mess. The transfer goes through your at-home ink-jet printer. It is then ironed on.

4. We can’t wait to get our hands on some and play! We’ll be sure to do some demos where you can see how easy it really is! Oh, the projects…THE PROJECTS!

5. And finally…it won BEST SHOW for INNOVATION of the YEAR at CHA! Congratulations to the entire team at C&T Publishing!

Next…

2. My Friendship Bracelet Maker

Why We’re in Love With This…

1. Craft kits for kids is not necessarily new. HOWEVER, we fell in love with this product because making these bracelets reminds us of when we were kids! These once popular and very nostalgic woven crafts are making a comeback!

2. We like that it is portable and is a project that can be worked on and taken on the go at any time. Even all of the threads are already pre-cut and ready to go!

3. Kids are using their time and energy on a creative outlet, focusing on important skills for the mind and with their hands.

4. It’s not just for girls! Boys will love this cool tool just as much! In fact, we did bring home one for our boys and they couldn’t WAIT to get started! We love when a new hobby is discovered! Talk about an “I CAN” feeling that quickly takes over!5. This company has produced some AMAZING online videos for different patterns to make. Access is free and kids can follow along with the video tutorials as they braid themselves! You can find those videos as well as PDF instructions at their website, www.myfbm.com.

And finally…

3. Bravissimos! by Making Memories

Why We’re in Love With This…

1. This product just screams, HAPPY. JOYFUL. CELEBRATORY. JUBILEE. Are you seeing the pattern here? :) On this one, you just can’t help but smile.

2.  A brilliant concept is here because there are several ways you can actually purchase this product. They are sold as a completed project, OR you can find some semi-finished, OR you can assemble individual pieces from start to finish! You choose!

3. The guesswork is taken out of it, and yet, you still feel amazingly CREATIVE! With literally dozens and dozens of sentiments, badges, wands and ribbons to choose from, each one can be so uniquely yours.

4. You’re not going to break the bank on these puppies. For as much intricate work that is done on them by the manufacturer, we’re very surprised at how little they will cost the consumer. You’ll be able to make one for just a few dollars!

5. We love that any day can be an even more special day by letting someone know that you are proud of them or are just thinking of them. These would make great additions to floral boquets, as gift toppers, or even as a “just because” sitting on someone’s pillow with a little love note tucked behind. (Did we mention they have mini envelopes on the backs for just that?) What more can we say, than “Bravissimo!”

So…we want to know what YOU think of these products! Which one stands out to you and why? Leave us a comment below and be a part of a great discussion!

*And some very cool giveways are on their way! All month long we’re celebrating our VIEWERS! Fun details coming soon!*

February 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm

The product I favor most is the TAP paper…THAT Is fantastic…my head is spinning with all the ideas!!

• Julie
    February 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm

My favorite is the Tranfer Artist Paper! Awesome! I can’t wait to use it too! I remember the days of making a big mess to get that great effect! The possibilities are endless. Good work girls!

• Elaine Allen
    February 3, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I think all the products are great. But I have to say I am really interested in trying out the Transfer Paper.

Elaine Allen

• Sandy
    February 3, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I like the first 2. But the third…. well….. seems like something you could easily make yourself.

• February 3, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Wow! These are all very exciting~ I’d have to say that I am most excited about the transfer artist paper though. I can’t wait to see the ideas you two come up with for using that!! Also what a great idea about the bracelet makers…my girls used to make those when they were younger but they always pinned the threads to their jeans, or a pillow! I’d like to get one of those for my grandchildren!

• Mari
    February 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I’d have to say that I am most excited about the transfer artist paper. I can’t wait to see the ideas you two come up with for using that!! Endless possibilites!!!!! The bravissimo looks very interesting too. Thanks for ur time and talent ladies. :0)

• Jennifer H
    February 4, 2011 at 12:27 am

What COOL items!!!

• Fiona
    February 4, 2011 at 2:02 am

I love that transfer paper. I was just talking about that with my mother in law over dinner. She wanted to make some gifts for some ladies over at her church and needed to transfer a special logo on some kitchen cloths. That’s awesome!

• Angeline
    February 4, 2011 at 3:09 am

I love the idea of the transfer paper! So many possibilities to consider… And the bracelets! I remember doing them with the safety pin. I’d love to do them with my kids. Sounds like you had fun!

• Marie Burnett
    February 4, 2011 at 3:56 am

The Transfer paper is my fav, can’t wait to find it and use it.

• February 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I can not wait to try the transfer paper, I have pillows that need freshing up. Thank you so much for posting your pics.

• February 5, 2011 at 7:50 am

Thanks for such a nice review of TAP – it was really great to meet you at CHA!! xoxo

• February 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm

The transfer paper is VERY interesting. I like the little loom for young girls. It would make a great camp gift.

• { bree }
    February 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I’ll bet your heads are swimming with projects – I can’t wait! All the products are really fun! I think the transfer paper is extraordinary! The bracelet maker is pretty neat, like you said an updated version of what we used to do! I feel so old saying to my daughter….”When I was younger we used to safety pin the thread to our pants!” Back in the stone age! But my daughter also thinks that anything from the 80′s is antique – that puts things in perspective I guess. I absolutely love the badges and things from Making Memories! With a girl birthday party coming up my little gray cells are going into overdrive! Thanks for sharing, I love your blog and all your craft ideas!

• February 5, 2011 at 5:20 pm

[...] other “favorite finds” are talked about on this video review and this blog post.  It’s Making Memories new “Bravissimo” line, as well as a childhood favorite [...]

• Paula
    February 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I loved the new products! The transfer paper will be fun to experiment with, I’ve been making the rosettes by hand, but I love the ideas for putting them together, and I think it would be fun to make an “adult” friendship bracelet! Thanks for the sneak peak.

• Diana
    February 8, 2011 at 12:18 am

I just love the Brassimo, just think what good feelings you can give to someone with these, the kids will love getting them ! and the parents and grandparents too! LOVE IT

• Kristin
    February 8, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Where to start, its all so cool.

• Sandi Cunningham
    February 11, 2011 at 2:32 pm

When my now ’20-something’ kids were young enough to still be in daycare, they made Friendship bracelets with leftover embroidery thread and keychains AND SOLD THEM. The parents loved it, the kids enjoyed it and they split the “profit-sharing” money. Wow! Enterprise at elementary age!
    This little tool would have drawn in more kids who thought they might not be able to do it!

• May 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm

hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up something
    new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the website lots
    of times previous to I could get it to load properly.
    I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.

• November 5, 2012 at 1:00 am

Magnificent items from you, man. I’ve be aware your stuff prior to and you are just extremely great. I really like what you’ve obtained here, really like what you are
    saying and the way by which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still
    care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you.
    This is really a wonderful web site.

• November 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I think the admin of this website is really working
    hard for his website, for the reason that here every stuff is quality based data.

• November 24, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?

My blog addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could
    greatly benefit from each other. If you might
    be interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward
    to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

• December 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thanks!

• March 24, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological globe all is accessible on web?

• April 29, 2013 at 10:50 am

Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the challenges.
    It was definitely informative. Your site is very helpful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

• June 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

Jokingly, some of these concert tickets expensive in Milwaukee; you have to say
    that Taylor’s energy was unexpected! Sport fans love their baseball, and people just love it because it has rather upset a lot of people concert tickets expensive don’t know that on any
    of the big star himself! Soon after starting the process, Mayo put on his first concert tickets
    expensive show. If this bothers you, go stand in the back when you go to a house
    concert. You can turn out to be counterfeit, or if you are
    smart about your business.

• June 17, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I want to be a face. I don’t know what the new buildings will actually cost. However, no-one told the Board that a fundamental change in the next hour, we’ll keep you, if not hundreds, of crosses, globes and tubes fought each
    other above the city. April 17, 2012 in Brookhaven,
    Pa.

• July 9, 2013 at 10:25 pm

It is normal to place the funds in a trust account.

The purpose of this is to keep those funds separate from your normal funds so
    that it does not get spent or mixed up once payments are settled
    and due to the creditors. It also acts as a guarantee to the creditors that
    you have the money ready to pay them upon
    settlement. You can keep track of the trust account and make
    sure the payments are going to the proper creditors if you want.
    . . If your attorney does not pay the creditors and
    takes any of the money for himself, mixes it with his own money, or does anything else that you
    would be worried about he is exposing himself to a major malpractice lawsuit which would ultimately cause
    him to lose his license and not be able to practice as an attorney ever again.
    Not to mention the criminal charges for fraud and embezzlement which
    would put him in jail for a good amount of time.. .
    If he has been in the business for a long time, you should have nothing to worry about.

• July 23, 2013 at 9:43 am

Fascinating… How can you tell this?

• July 24, 2013 at 12:31 am

Truly when someone doesn’t know afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it takes place.

• August 3, 2013 at 10:00 pm

The variations can easily be adapted to envelop stir-fry with an oriental flavor,
    curries for Indian fare and used to serve spinach and other dips for family gatherings
    and parties. After the feasts, the plates would have absorbed
    the gravy or sauces and remnants of the feast would be embedded into the soft
    dough. 3 oysters is said to meet our daily zinc consumption
    recommendations.

• October 18, 2013 at 5:36 am

I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout
    on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is
    rare to see a nice blog like this one today.