Episode 11: Satin, Sequin, and Paper Rose Hearts

January 25th, 2011

We had a lot of fun this week finding ways to decorate a simple  STYROFOAM™ Heart. With 3 different techniques, we covered them in something we hope you’ll love!  So take a look at our DIY Dish Craft Countdown this week — and we took away the 2-minute clock this episode!

Here are more photos of the project!  We’d love to know which are your top 2 favorites!  We’re going to post each of these techniques on our Facebook page and we’d love for you to vote for your favorite by either “liking” it on Facebook or making a comment here or on the photos you’ll find on Facebook.

Valentine Heart #1: Satin Roses! Click here to vote for Satin Roses on Facebook!

Valentine Heart #2: Paper Roses!  Click here to vote for Paper Roses on Facebook!

Valentine Heart #3: Sequin Hearts! Click here to vote for SEQUIN HEARTS on Facebook!

Finally, we’re excited to let you know about a new quilt pattern we’ll have coming out this week! Here’s a little look!

Don’t forget…Vote for your favorite Valentine Heart! Make a comment on Facebook or here on our blog. We love to hear from you! And if you have any other ideas for covering these styrofoam hearts, we’d love to hear those, too!

Kim & Kris

• Courtney B.
    January 25, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Loved this episode!!!!

• thelma
    January 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm

you’ve to tell me……are the two of you related to marie osmond? the resemblance is unbelievable! is she a cousin?…..or your triplet?!

• Vicki J. Wade
    January 25, 2011 at 11:34 pm

My vote is for #1 Silk Rose heart wreath. Love the smoldered edges!

• Dianah Mathis
    January 25, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I can’t pick one. I love love them all. So pretty and cleaver!

• Patty
    January 26, 2011 at 12:26 am

I really like this craft. I think the paper roses are my favorite. I like the hint of pink on them.

• January 26, 2011 at 12:44 am

I love all three projects – but my favorite is the sequin one – how lovely is that!!! Thank you for all your project ideas

• Diane
    January 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

I love all 3 ideas. If I have to pick a fav it would be the paper roses

• TKC
    January 26, 2011 at 2:47 am

Great as always…the paper and satin roses are my favorites! :) Many blessings!

• Nancy
    January 26, 2011 at 3:31 am

You guys are great! I love all the ideas, but I think the satin roses are the best with the paper roses coming in at #2. Thanks for being there!

• May-Lynn
    January 26, 2011 at 4:21 am

Again a great job

• Celeste
    January 26, 2011 at 4:23 am

Love the sequin heart the best… perhaps because I have two young girls. Can’t wait to try this project. Awesome idea for a great tut!!! Thanks so much!

• Kathy Holmes
    January 26, 2011 at 7:58 am

I wonder if newspaper would work for the paper rose project so you wouldn’t have to cut up a book? I’ll have to experiment :)

• Kim
    January 26, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Satan technique for sure. (it’s so funny that someone has asked the Osmond question again. You should do a movie and play the part of Marie!)

• Janette
    January 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I love the paper heart. It looked like a such a fun and cleaver project. I’m going to give it a try.

• Michelle Norris
    January 26, 2011 at 5:17 pm

What cute projects! I like the paper roses!

• Martha Hughes
    January 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm

I love all 3 ideas for the hearts but I especially like the satin heart. Thanks for sharing all of your ideas.

• Donna Cowan
    January 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Ohh-I like the satin roses best, but all are great. Think I will try the paper roses when I find the big glue dots. Dj in MO

• January 26, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Thanks for the heartwarming idears!

• January 27, 2011 at 1:21 am

Loved the paper heart…but as I am craft copier only…I need more exact sizes. Your paper heart on the video looks much smaller that the ones on the wreath. What size circles did you cut for the wreath? Are they all the same size, are they stacked?

• PrincessJewel1
    January 27, 2011 at 2:13 am

All three projects are fantastic!! Thanks for another wonderful show!!

• Heidi
    January 27, 2011 at 5:15 am

Very neat! I am partial to the paper ones.

• January 27, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Those roses are beautiful! I love anything that allows me to recycle and DIY at the same time. I’m definately going to use these all around the house and on gifts. Thanks so much for another great show!

• January 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm

You guys are great. You have given me lots of ideas. I have been watching all your videos and loved the one on pin cushions. I have been making a lot to give as gifts. I’m going to put some pictures of them on my blog. Keep up the good work. And thanks for all the ideas.

• Donna
    January 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I love all these ideas. I recently covered a styrofoam heart with red yarn and added felt flower embellishments. It looks really good. Where do we get the downloadable instructions for these projects? I can’t seem to find the download button.

• Susan M
    January 28, 2011 at 12:31 am

The red satin is my favorite! Thanks for showing us how.

• Brenda Rowton
    January 30, 2011 at 3:02 am

Red satin is my favorite.

• Haldis
    January 30, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Hi Kris and Kim! :)
    I love your ideas, but can only watch the older episodes…. :(
    the new episodes (youtube movies) is stopping all the time and is anoying .. :(
    I really hope you guys could maybe download your new episodes into another moviefile? .. :)
    Like a map or something that us who cant watch your new episodes? 😀
    I wish you good luck and the best for valentines day! :)
    Hugs, Haldis from Norway :)

• Marilyn
    February 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I have trouble with the streaming of the videos, also. But, what I do is let it load, walk away and then come back in a little bit, click play and the video plays smoothly without any stops. Then, life is good, and I get to watch my crafty gals.
    Marilyn
    Kansas

• admin
    February 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Hooray Marilyn! We’re so glad you’re able to watch! Thanks for keeping us posted on that.

• Mary Sue
    February 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I loved the satin roses first and then the paper ones. I’m going to try them both. I already have a frame ready to paint. It was only $2 at a sidewalk sale last summer.

• February 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I’m all for the paper roses! *surprise* I’ll probably be taking that one on.

I can’t believe I hadn’t subscribed to your YT channel before. Yes… I’m slow.
    Love your videos—you two are naturals!

• February 5, 2011 at 10:03 am

Great projects, thanks for sharing again : ) My favourites were the satin roses and the paper roses. They both look great.

Arabella

• February 14, 2011 at 6:42 am

[…] for the luncheon, right? So we brought out the placemats created in Episode 10, decorated with the Valentine hearts made in Episode 11, ordered take-out (who has time to cook!?!), and we had a party. Some quilted. […]

• Carol McNab
    February 21, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I think I like the one cut from the book page. A nice new idea for me to work with. This is the one that I will most likely do of the 3. Looked interesting to make.

• February 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

[…] some funky flowers. I cut the shirt into different sized circles then melted the edges on a candle (melted fabric flower petal tutorial here if you need one) but instead of just stacking the different sized petals, I folded and stacked them to make a […]

• September 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

I love love love this

• February 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I was just watching this on PBS today. They talked about the same things you wrote about.

Stop by my webpage – TV On My Computer; Charolette,