How to Make an Easy Bow (Day #3)

December 4th, 2010

We love ribbon. And more often than not, we have tons of SCRAPS of ribbon left over from various projects.  Well, don’t throw those away because now you can make a very quick and easy “bow” or gift topper!  This is a favorite of ours from last year so we wanted to share it here:

We hope you enjoyed the first 3 days! If you missed any, here they are:
Day #1: How to Make Pomegranate Salad
Day #2: The Technique of Paper Quilling (Make handmade cards!)
Day #3: How to Make an Easy Bow – Gift Topper

We’ll “see” you next Monday evening! Each day of the 12 days will be posted Mondays-Fridays. Have a nice weekend!

December 4, 2010 at 3:26 am

Oh I soo Remember that Video….LOVED it then and LOVE it Now!! Thanks for re-posting it here!!

• Aubrey
    December 4, 2010 at 2:22 pm

My littlie and I L.O.V.E. your ribbon idea! I, like you, cannot throw those darn little scraps away! But they are just sitting in the bottom of my ribbon box, the pile growing ever larger!!! tee hee! Thanks so much for the idea. I am new to your blog and am completely addicted! I am going to try my hands at your adorable purse and your fabric flowers for my friends this year, I CANNOT WAIT! WOOT WOOT!

• Nancie Feld
    December 4, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I can never make an attractive bow. I love these. You always have the best ideas. I just can’t wait to try it. Thanks!

• Glenda
    December 7, 2010 at 10:44 am

I love it when things that should be obvious AREN’T! The rick rack, bell and “fluff” (that I saw in the photos) are really what make the effect. Thanks for sharing that!

• Ricki Duke
    December 7, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I like all the different pieces together. Now to take the time and make some to go on the packages to give away and wow the person getting the gift. Thanks

• December 7, 2010 at 4:09 pm

What a fantastic way to use up all those little ribbon scraps!! I’ve got lots and lots, and have been wondering what could I use them for. You gals are so amazingly clever!! I guess this process could be used for making hair bows too!! How fun!! I love the DIY Dish!!

Happy Holidays to you both!

• Rozanne Nicholes
    December 7, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Thanks for your great craft ideas.

• Carol Bauman
    December 7, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for the reminder about your bow. I had forgotten all about this easy bow. I saw it last year on your show. I got so many wonderful comments from your bow.
    Carol \Henderson, NV

• Maurine C.
    December 9, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Wish I had kept all those little shorty ends of ribbon I have been throwing away – I’ll start collecting them again so I can make these darling bows. Thanks!

• December 9, 2010 at 5:22 pm

What a great idea!

• May-Lynn
    December 11, 2010 at 12:16 am

I love every thing you do.

• December 12, 2010 at 6:12 pm

[...] you watch the DIY Dish?  After watching this episode, I was inspired to decorate these gift [...]

• Sharon
    December 14, 2010 at 1:55 am

Now I know what to do with those little left-overs!! Thanks!

• September 23, 2014 at 9:26 am

all the time i used to read smaller posts which as
    well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this
    piece of writing which I am reading here.

Look into my homepage … george foreman grills