How to Make a Snow Globe (Day #10)

December 15th, 2010

** As a reminder, regularly scheduled FULL episodes of “The DIY Dish” will begin again in January.  In the meantime, we hope you enjoy some casual “quick clips” of projects in our 12 Days of the Holiday DIY Dish. **

Gather your children because this is one that we think they’ll really enjoy making!  It makes for a great family project and uses  materials you probably already have around your home!

Although there are a variety of ways and materials for doing this, here’s a quick tutorial on how we like to put them together.

So enjoy bringing a little bit of “winter” into your home!

On another note, we just learned that The Nate Berkus Show will be re-airing the episode we were on in October!  So if you missed it the first time, it will air on Wednesday, December 15th.  Visit www.TheNateShow.com to find out the time and channel it will be on in your area, or check your local listings.  It was such a memorable and fantastic experience for us –we’d love to have you be a part of it!

• December 15, 2010 at 5:57 am

I did miss it the first due to the time difference.. I have it schedule for tomorrow.
    I luv this beautiful shaker ornament..
    Merry Christmas ladies,
    Maggie

• December 15, 2010 at 7:05 am

Congrats on the Nate Berkus show!!! I happened onto this site looking for a fabric bead necklace tutorial and was soooo excited because I met the two of you at Spark. Well, I will be following this blog. I love your creativity. I am going to use the card/ flower pin combo for christmas teacher’s gifts.

• Marietta
    December 15, 2010 at 12:28 pm

My local Amer Sewing Guild group was thrilled with the shoulder bags we made a few
    months ago. I am lined up to teach a class in March so they can all have one. Some
    couldn’t wait and are now members of this group, viewing all your tutorials.
    My 8 year old grandchild made one for her teacher gift too. Thanks a
    bunch and have a Merry Christmas. Marietta Brown, Florida

December 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Ok…I maybe the only one who does not know the answer…but I am going to ASK it….

What is the purpose of Glycerin?

• December 15, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Hi Connie! Adding the glycerin allows the “snow” to fall more smoothly in the water. That was a great question!

December 15, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Thanks Kris….That totally makes sense….!!!

• Barb of California
    December 15, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Can hardly wait until next year for more ideas.
    Thanks for the fun. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
    Peace,
    Barb

• December 15, 2010 at 7:15 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by YouCanMakeThis, Charissa v.d. Vlies. Charissa v.d. Vlies said: RT @theDIYdish How to Make a Snow Globe (Day #10) http://bit.ly/eiUoh3 [...]

• December 15, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Hi Ladies! I’m watching it RIGHT NOW! You two are the sweetest, and it gave me a brag moment with my family to show them our photo together from Blissdom10. Congratulations on all of your successes and for taking us all along.

Wishing you both a wonderful Christmas.

-Cathe

• December 15, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Snow globe is great. I’ve been looking for something for the grandkids to make at our Christmas party. Thanks!!!

• April 29, 2014 at 12:26 am

Since the admin of this site is working, no hesitation very shortly it will be famous, due to its
    quality contents.