The owls are coming in!

September 23rd, 2010

A couple of nights ago,  while I was out and about, my cell phone gave me the signal that I had received a text message. Imagine my delight when a photo was there of a handmade card featuring the owl ! It was from my very talented sister-in-law Kathy. I was giddy with excitement as she shared what she had just made…

The trunk of the tree was even embossed! Now how cute is this?! And then last night, that familiar ring buzzed through the phone. Sure enough, another picture! Kathy was on a roll! How about this one for Halloween…

I was so thrilled, that I wanted to share these with all of you! I love how the same owl pattern can be used in so many different ways.

And even more are coming through in our Flickr group! Woot! Woot! (Sorry, I had to!)

Won’t you join in on the fun? There is a darling photo in the group that Nicole sent in of some tea towels she embellished with those funky legs dangling off of them! Quirky and wonderful! Rebekah also sent in the owl pin cushion where her fabric choices are a lot of fun.  (Printed words on legs? Check it out!) And oh, so cute button eyes. We want to see yours, too!

And how about a “hand” for those who have already jump-started the inspiration! Way to go ladies!

Tags: , ,

• September 23, 2010 at 12:40 pm

oh owls, i love them!!! i have some owl stamps that i use for scrapbooking and i even sewed one for my daughter!! will have to post that to the flickr group!! thanks for the awesomeness ladies!

• September 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm

I’m sooo obsessed with owls right now! They are sooo cute! Thank you for sharing!

• September 23, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Hi there! I just made an owl cake not too long ago that I just wanted to share with you.

Thanks for all the cool ideas through your video blogs. I enjoy them so much. :)

• September 23, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Hi

I just posted an owl card on my blog. http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Thanks for the info and inspiration you give us.

hugs
    Chris
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

• Cindy
    September 24, 2010 at 2:32 am

Those owl cards are so cute! Oh my gosh, I love them. The first one would be especially cute for a teacher!

• Kelly Sas
    September 24, 2010 at 3:04 am

It must be rewarding knowing that you spark so much inspiration and creativity to so many of us. You two are the best!

• Heidi
    October 1, 2010 at 4:14 am

CUTE !

• Kelly Murrie
    October 1, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Oh…I just LOVE you two chics!! Your projects inspire me so much…I love to create things. I get so much satisfaction from making something fun and useful. Adore all your ideas, you help me so much!

I thank you!! :)

• Jo Ann
    December 29, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Can’t find this pattern, you keep saying it can be downloaded from this website, help, please!