The DIY Dish: Episode 3 – Which Witch Wows You? and Other Holiday Ideas

September 28th, 2010

Welcome to Episode 3 of “The DIY Dish!”  This week we are having some crafty fun with  products you’re probably very familiar with — STYROFOAM™.  We love it because it really does serve as a “blank canvas” for all kinds of craft projects.  Join us as we share some fun ideas and techniques for Halloween.  Plus, we’re issuing a holiday craft challenge that we’d love for you to be a part of!  Take a look!

Click here for the accompanying PDF download to this episode!

Here are some additional photos of the project!

Now are you ready for a HOLIDAY CRAFT CHALLENGE!?!?

We’d love for you to share the news about this Craft Challenge!!  Tweet, Facebook, Blog, or Tell a Neighbor.  Grab the button above or even post the video!

Join us for the “Make It: Fun® for the Holidays! Craft Challenge!”  We want to see what you can create using any shape or size of STYROFOAM™ and a favorite holiday of yours! So whether it is for Halloween, Christmas, Birthday, Hanukkah, or ANY holiday, this craft challenge is for everyone!

Post your finished project photos to ANY or all of these places. When you have done that, let us know on the blog and at:

1.  The DIY Dish Fan Page on Facebook:

2.  The DIY Dish Photo Page on Flickr:

3.  The “Make It: Fun®” Fan Page on Facebook:

4.  Your Own Blog and/or Website

5.  Email a photo to: This is a temporary email address that will be set up between September 27, 2010 and October 30, 2010 only.

The craft challenge is open to participants 18 years and older.  Void where prohibited.  Eligible participants sending in or posting a photo of a project using STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and/or Make It: Fun® STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam in their holiday decorating will receive a complimentary bundle of e-Patterns from Make It: Fun®, as well as the new “DIY Dish: 2 Minute Craft Countdowns from Season 1” eBook.

This craft challenge begins Monday, September 27, 2010 and ends at midnight PST October 30, 2010. Three entrants will also be randomly selected to win a prize package from FloraCraft®.  Prizes are non-transferable and are void where prohibited.

The Sponsor of this “Make It: Fun®” for the Holidays Craft Challenge is FloraCraft® Corporation.

Jump right in and have some FUN!

• Megan
    October 4, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Hi! My dad’s birthday is coming up this month, and I’m not sure what to do. I know I want to make him something, but I don’t know exactly what. I am not very advanced at sewing, but I do my best. If you don’t mind, could you give me a few ideas? Thanks.

• October 5, 2010 at 12:06 pm

I love your fun hats – I’m going to try mu hand at one – thanks

• Kathy
    October 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm

awesome girls and yes I can see using these ideas for other holidays and events too. Great job!

• October 7, 2010 at 8:08 am

[…] are found here: Craft Challenge! Share and […]

• Mari Landreth
    October 8, 2010 at 2:53 am

I had a great time participating in the challenge! I posted the phots on the website. I cannot wait for the next challenge.

Your SPARK Sister!

• October 9, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I loved the hats and pumpkins that you made. They so inspired me. My local AC Moore had the booklets with the cutest halloween things from Make it Fun. This is a picture of the little girl ghost my girls and I whipped up. We had everything at the house to make it. It was so much fun. I posted a picture of the ghost on with some yummy Pumpkin Gobs with Maple Cream Filling. So yummy and cute with the little girl ghost.

• susann zanwood
    October 10, 2010 at 2:17 am

Hi Twins, I love the traditional Boo hat that you made Kim and kris your hat is so great for a table center peice. SOOOO CUTEEEE!

• October 10, 2010 at 4:39 am

Hi Kim and Kris! It’s me, your SPARK sister :)
    I LOVE both of these witch hats!! wow. You are both so talented. I’m inspired for sure!!!

• jenny tribout
    October 12, 2010 at 11:40 am

Hi gals! I love to make totes with beautiful fabrics and give em away as a gift or with a gift inside. who can’t use a tote bag? i have 2 different very easy patterns and people love em when they get one! hope i win some of that awesome fabric!

• Gina
    October 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Very cute bag! Would love to make one.

• Gina
    October 12, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Just visited Pat’s site. What a great site! I loved the free projects. I would love to make the pillow bed.

• October 12, 2010 at 2:10 pm

• October 13, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I love this! The hats are so cute!!! I have a few styrofoam projects that I posted on my blog.
    Love it!

• Mandy L.
    October 15, 2010 at 6:49 pm

What great ideas, I just sent in my picture in to the email address listed.

• Gretchen
    October 26, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Wonderful ideas. My creative juices are going now. I might even make some cute things for the cashiers at my work.

• November 8, 2010 at 6:41 am

[…] We hope everyone had a nice weekend!  It is time to announce the 3 winners of the “Make It: Fun® for the Holidays! Craft Challenge!”  we issued in Episode 3! Each of these people will receive a prize package from FloraCraft’s […]

• November 12, 2010 at 7:46 pm

[…] We have loved seeing all the photos that came in from viewers of Episode 3′s “Make It Fun for the Holidays” Craft Challenge. […]

• Sukkie
    June 18, 2011 at 6:09 am

very nice interesting ideas……..:)

• Sakina
    August 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Great show! Kris’ technique would be a great way to make the Mad Hatters hat (Alice in wonderland)!
    And Kim. Well I know that I’d definately go crazy with the glitter!
    P.S: I’m not an adult. I’m only 11!

• May 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm

[…] season opener where they make a jewelry holder using Mod Podge – I love their witch hat episode also.  I hope you […]