Welcome Studio5 Viewers! “Grandma Camp” and Summer Crafts for Kids DVD

July 21st, 2010

Hello! If you are reading this blog post, you may have seen Kim on NBC/KSL’s Studio 5 this morning! If you did not see it, youcan now view the video below. Kim did one of the projects from the newly released DVD: The DIY Dish Summer Crafts for Kids.

The TV segment focused on a special “Grandma Camp” that can be created by anyone who wants to share the joy of crafting, sewing, and creating with children. We are providing free Grandma Camp reproducibles shown on Studio 5.  ”S’mores” invitations, a fishing tackle box with the tag “Gone Craftin’ with Grandma” and even a paper bag memory book are all things that can make that time together even more memorable.

Download the free reproducibles for Grandma Camp here.

And if you’d like even more ideas for what you can do this Summer with your children or grandchildren, check out our new DVD.  Projects are geared for boys and girls, ages 3-12.  Variations of projects are also given for age and abilities.  Over 20 projects are included and cover themes such as the garden, patriotism, fun in the kitchen, and nature.

The retail price of this DVD is $24.95, but it is on sale now for $19.95.  Plus, from now until August 8, 2010, we are offering FREE U.S. SHIPPING of the DVD! To fill this summer with creative fun, click below to order your Summer Crafts for Kids DVD!*

The button below will take you to an order form. From there you can purchase by credit card or through Paypal.

*Currently accepting orders from the United States, but hope to open it up to world-wide customers shortly.

• Virginia Tippen
    July 22, 2010 at 1:09 am

cute. really liked the paper bag book idea, esp for a sewing starting lesson

• Raeleen
    July 22, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I like the paper bag book, too! Very cute! Also the rock and pebble jewelry! How fun and cheap!
    Great job!!

• Enis
    July 24, 2010 at 3:22 am

Once again Kim & Kris have come up with some great projects and ideas. Totally love the paper bag memory book and rock jewelry. And how simple is that! I don’t have any grandchildren yet, but I can see these ideas being used with neices, nephews and how about those kids in my church class?!? I feel a nature walk coming on.

• July 25, 2010 at 1:23 am

I think the idea of a “Grandma Camp” is a great idea. Kids just naturally want to be involved with whatever Grandma is doing. I was working at my dining room table one day (I have my own quilting pattern business) and I noticed that my 4 yr. old granddaughter had gotten very quiet and I was getting nervous. When I found her she very excitedly announced that she had “made her own quilting pattern”! She had drawn it all out, named it “Angel in the Trees”, packaged it and had it all ready to go. It was absolutely an adorable and memorable moment that I will cherish forever.

Mary

• Dollie Buss
    July 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I just had 2-6 Grandkids all 10 down to 2 (at various times) for a few weeks. Grandma Camp was just a bit late for me this year but we all painted pictures and driftwood, cooked and recycled newspapers into new paper cards embelished with flower petals and glitter. Even the boys loved it. Can’t wait for my next “Camp” to try out your ideas on their favorite stones. Pictures of this year will look great in stepping stones too. Thank you so much for all your wonderful fun ideas.

• August 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm

It sounds like CHA was awesome! So glad you two could go!!!

• Terry
    September 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I missed this! I have grandma camp every summer.