Guest Spot on Studio 5: “Frayed Applique” Projects

May 4th, 2010

We are out of our own studio this week, but we are at one of our favorite places — KSL/NBC’s Studio5 Show!  Take a look at the project Kris showed Brooke (co-host of Studio5) today! “Frayed applique” is such a fun and easy technique! Click on the video above to watch the entire segment.

Click here to download your free, frayed applique patterns!

Come back next week as we’ll show you how to make the darling picnic quilt you see, as well as matching accessories. It is easy, easy, easy – we promise!

And we didn’t want to leave out the boys! Using the same “frayed applique” technique, we made this truck, but did so with felt! The pattern for the truck is also free and can be found at the link above. This would look great on a t-shirt or even a quilt for your little guy!

Plus, you’re going to get the first look at our “new” studio redesign!!

The timing of it couldn’t be better. We’ve been painting and DIY-ing all over the place and creating a new environment for “The DIY Dish!” We’ve had some help from two of our friends who are about to launch their own interior design website. We can’t wait to introduce them to you! And of course we’ll show you how to do the same kinds of things in your own homes over the next few months. Keep watching – we’re going to have some fun!

Fabrics mentioned on the show are from Utah designers, Joel Dewberry and Shari of Doohikey Designs.

Thank you Studio 5 for having “The DIY Dish!” on your show!

• August 11, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Absolutely loved the frayed applique! That adds so much texture to a quilt or wallhanging. Now I have to go play with the idea and see what I can come up with.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Tim

• October 20, 2010 at 3:17 pm

[…] Well it’s a technique that is very simple to master as well as quick, easy, and a beatiful addition to just about any project! We’ve added them to clothing, handbags, tea towels and more! It’s a technique which Kris shared recently on Studio 5. […]

• July 10, 2012 at 2:16 am

A great job here. I really enjoyed what you say.and I really want to say this is the perfect blog. You could certainly argue with you over a year since new twist to the most difficult subject, know cool well-written. It is a lot of people say there is certainly more interesting what you said about it constantly because it has a new voice, and keep it . Simply amazing, a good one and I’m looking forward to to see more from you.

• September 17, 2012 at 2:05 am

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

• ChristiMa
    July 11, 2014 at 6:43 am

The best film of the year “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” A lot of positives !

• September 23, 2014 at 3:52 am

Good way of explaining, and pleasant piece oof writing to obtain facts about my
    presentation subject, which i am going to convey in university.